Sunday, May 8, 2016

Crafty Individuals Spotlight No.1

Hi everyone! 

Laura here to introduce our first Sponsor Spotlight for this month! Our Sponsor this month is Crafty Individuals who have so generously donated a massive bundle of goodies that will be on it's way to one very lucky winner this month. 

To demonstrate some of their lovely stamps and masks is our wonderful Joi....She has done her usual magical work on an amazing masterpiece. Please read on and see what she made because it is well worth seeing!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



HOWDY from Joi at RR!
It's gorgeous at the ranch today - spring is in full bloom. 

I have been having fun playing with the high quality CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS stamps & masks.

Below are links to the three wonderful Crafty Individuals products I used.


Of course, the Leafy Branches Mask was cut to use!! 



And here is my creation for Crafty Individuals! 



                                                             I began with a napkin!!



Using DecoArt Decou-Page, the napkin was added to an 8x10 canvas board. Matching tissue paper from my stash seemed to be super colors for the bottom half and it had some shimmer too! 



Finished gluing - and here is the result!


Mixing DecoArt Media Yellow-Green Light Fluid Acrylics with DecoArt Media Crackle Paint, created the color for the path.   


Using a palette knife to spread the pathway and a credit card to make the grass tuffs....

 Vio-la...... the crackled pathway emerged. 



Gently wiping on DecoArt Majestic Purple Metallic Lustre with my finger... the cracks were accented. 


Using some more of the Yellow-Green Light paint and my long haired brush - some more grass tuffs appeared. 


Using Staz-On inks... I began using the wonderful stamp sets from Crafty Individuals.


Actually, I'm not sure why I stamped the Crafty Individuals "Walk In The Park" couple in red... just picked it up first and thought - why not.  Imagine my surprise when the red that made it onto the canvas.  No idea why - it just seemed to be "right"!   

The stamped Crafty Individuals "Flowers Heads" were decorated with my ever faithful Faber-Castell Pitt Pens.




There were a few pieces of the napkin left, so here you see the cut-out pieces that were Deco-Paged onto the board here and there. 
Hehehehhe - almost used every inch of that napkin!  

Using DecoArt Media Modeling Paste and the incredibly nice quality Crafty Individuals "Leafy Branches" Mask.... I began "building" the archway. In the picture below - one side is already done - and the other side is in process with the mask still attached.


Then, began the painting!! 

You can also see in this picture that the Hero Arts stamp - appreciate WHAT IS - was used . . . . 



The archway needed to look "special," so out came some Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls, to add that beautiful shimmer!


In the beginning, I was just painting in the places that were already there on the napkin but... I couldn't contain myself and before long the bunches of flowers became trees!!!! 



I added a few jewels from my stash near the horizon line! 



These pictures were taken in hopes that perhaps you can see some of the glitter and shimmer of the piece. 




And here are some pictures of the finished piece





So happy to see the crackle thru the lovely flowers!!! 




Products Used:





Thanks bunches to Crafty Individuals and Our Creative Corner for giving me this opportunity to play with such nice quality stamps and masks. It was an adventure in creativity for me!

Don't forget to finish your project for our "HIT THE BOOKS" challenge.  I know you have some book paper!! You could be the lucky randomly selected winner of a huge bundle of Crafty Individuals goodies to play with!

Remember....
"APPRECIATE WHAT IS"
Even on the most challenging days......we can all find something to appreciate each day and be thankful :)

Big Hugs. j. 





8 comments:

  1. Amazing work Joi, the details are stunning and such clever use of those Crafty Individual goodies and that paper napkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh - thank you Astric. That means a lot to me - coming from you. Xj.

      Delete
  2. Wow Joi this us amazing and I have loved going through each step of its making with you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. You are such a sweet cheerleader! XXj.

      Delete
  3. A fabulous collage and beautiful bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lys. It was a bit different for me but I sure enjoyed the challenge! Xj.

      Delete
  4. Very cool, Joi! You really used those Crafty Individual products well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx