Friday, April 8, 2016

Tando Sponsor Spotlight No.1

Hi everyone!

     Laura here with the first of our two Sponsor Spotlights this month from Tando Creative!



Tando is such a fantastic company with so many items to choose from. This month I chose to work with their latest release designed by Andy Skinner - Industrial wings kit


 Included in this amazing kit is a long tag, two sets of industrial wings, a set of circles, a heart, small cog and bookplate - amazing value for just £3.99!!!

I also chose the Andy Skinner Industrial Bolts/Washers kit - because it is obviously a perfect addition to this lovely set.


     I knew I wanted to work with muted colours and chose to focus on my favourite colour combination of turquoise and brown.



All paints used are Decoart Media Fluid Acrylic paint. 

I started with the long tag. I painted it with Burnt Umber. This was then given a coat of Decoart Weathered wood and followed with a coat of white paint. This of course crackled beautifully.


I then used a stencil by Andy Skinner to stencil numbers at the top and bottom of the tag using Burnt Umber mixed with water and dabbed on with a sponge to give a muted look. 


 I then coated the entire tag with a wash of Burnt Umber because I wanted it to look aged and distressed. I then dry brushed the top and bottom with Cobalt Turquoise Hue

      The edges of the tag were dabbed with Burnt umber using a finger smeared along the edges....great fun!


I then splattered some very diluted white acrylic paint all over the tag with a paintbrush.


The wings were painted white and then dry brushed with the Cobalt Turquoise Hue paint mixed with white paint. I then applied Decoart Media Crackle Glaze and left it to dry. When dry I covered it with a mix of Carbon Black and English Red Oxide Antiquing cream. 


 When dry I wiped away with a damp cloth leaving the crackles highlighted. The wings were also given a splash of diluted white acrylic paint

The heart was painted with White acrylic paint and then had strips of french dictionary paper added.


 Crackle glaze was applied and when dry I covered it with a coat of Raw Umber antiquing cream. This was then cleaned away and a coat of Decoart Media Ultra matte varnish was applied

The book plate was given the crackle treatment too after applying a coat of Cobalt Turquoise Hue mixed with white.


I stuck the word adventure from the chit chat stickers into the bookplate


The industrial set includes washers and bolts of all sizes and shapes. 
I gave them the rust treatment with a coat of Decaort Media Sand Texture Paste followed by Paynes Grey mixed with white paint. This was followed by a wash of Paynes grey, then a coat of the magical Quinacridone Gold (a paint I can't live without!) 



I decided to cut the cog in half and place one piece either side of the heart and I glued the other bolts and washers around them.




This built up to a nice grungy centerpiece of the tag


And there is the finished tag!

Hope you like my sponsor spotlight for today! Check out all the items Tando Creative sell on their website. And enter this months Gypsy Fayre challenge and you could be the lucky winner of a bundle of Tando goodies to play with!

Happy crafting!

Laura
xxxxxx




6 comments:

  1. I promise you if I hadn't seen Andy Skinner's Industrial Bolts/Washers kit in your picture Laura - I would NEVER EVER believe that your bolts/washers/cogs were not real metal. Your creation is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in a Andy's Art kind of way!!! YOU DID HIM PROUD girl. Wow. I'm really AWED - this is just WONDERFUL. XXj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag, beautiful paint effects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! I love the textures and the original design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm speechless! What an amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx